Above is a link to his website.
Don't vote for him. Don't vote for Steve Scalise. Look for a good Independent candidate.
Check out Howard Kearney for Congress, District 1.
Read on to see why Steve Scalise is a RINO extraordinaire.
Steve Scalise was part of Republican leadership on phone call with Cheney and McCarthy and did not speak up for Trump. Matt Gaetz on Tuck Carlson explains.
He has raised $28 million according to The Hayride, Jan 11, 2022 which also mentions that if McCarthy is unpopular for Speaker of the House, it could go to Scalise..
For more in depth information see RINO Hunter 1776
Steve Scalise voted to take away rights and A LOT of money from U.S. citizens:
- Voted for -- RC 145 — Providing DOJ Bureaucrats Over-Reaching New Authority via the “COVID-19 Hate Crimes Act” -- This bill, known as the COVID-19 Hate Crimes Act, provides overly broad authority to bureaucrats within the Department of Justice to advance the enforcement of “hate crimes.” Under the bill, the DOJ must issue guidance to state and local governments regarding hate crimes and establish online reporting, telephone hotlines and education campaigns. Additionally, the bill establishes new grant programs which direct millions of potentially wasteful spending to local governments and community organizations. ACU believes in equal rights under the law for all and that it is the duty of government to ensure all laws are applied equally. ACU recognizes that “hate crime” statutes violate the double jeopardy clause of U.S. Constitution by allowing individuals to be tried for the same crime twice. ACU opposes providing bureaucrats within the DOJ over-reaching new authority – especially at a time when they are tagging concerned parents as “domestic terrorists” for questioning actions of local school boards – and opposed this bill.
- Voted for -- RC 98 — Fueling Run-Away Spending by Overriding the Sequester Budget Restraints -- This bill further fuels run-away government spending by overriding the automatic spending cuts to Medicare put in place under the 2011 Budget Control Act, also known as the sequester. Specifically, the bill continues to exempt Medicare from sequestration (2% cut) until 2022 at a cost to taxpayers of $12.2 billion. The bill contains no other reforms or spending offsets. ACU believes the tea-party era sequester serves as one of the last hopes for fiscal responsibility, opposes Congress’s continual action of “kicking the can down the road” at a time when the national debt is set to exceed $30 trillion and opposed this bill.
- Voted for -- RC 187 — Mandating $50 Billion in New Spending on Climate Change and Unnecessary Initiatives via the “Department of Energy Science for the Future Act” -- The Department of Energy Science for the Future Act, sponsored by Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-TX, ACUF Lifetime 6%), further fuels run-away government spending by providing the Department of Energy’s Office of Science an additional $50 billion over the next 5 years. The funds will be used for numerous research initiatives best performed by the private sector as well as Leftist projects relating to climate change and energy efficiency. ACU supports cutting and eliminating all unnecessary government initiatives, especially at a time when the national debt is soaring past $30 trillion and opposed this bill.
- Voted for -- HR 6172 — Advancing Warrantless Surveillance of Americans via FISA Reauthorization without Conservative Reforms -- This procedural motion is designed to advance the USA FREEDOM Reauthorization Act without conservative reforms, such as those advocated by President Trump or implemented under the amendment offered by Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT, ACUF Lifetime 99%) and Sen. Pat Leahy (D-VT, ACUF Lifetime 5%). Specifically, the measure reauthorizes through 2023, three Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) authorities that had expired under the USA PATRIOT Act of 2001. The FISA courts are designed to surveil foreign threats to U.S. national security and operate largely independently from the U.S. justice system with judges picked solely by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. By reauthorizing without reforms, FISA courts would be able to continue to deviate from their foreign assignments and instead circumvent the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution and infringe the privacy rights of millions of American citizens. ACU recognizes that the nation witnessed demonstrable evidence of the need for reform, given the Obama FBI was caught red-handed exploiting FISA courts to spy on the 2016 Trump campaign. ACU supports the founders’ belief in the Fourth Amendment, supports significant reforms to the Patriot Act and FISA to help protect Americans from unlawful search and seizure and opposed this motion.
- Voted for -- HR 133 — Advancing Cronyism and Out-of-Control Spending through a $2.3 Trillion Spending Package -- This spending package epitomizes the worst of the DC establishment’s spending habits. This bill was sold as a COVID-19 response package but actually includes $1.4 trillion in budgetary spending unrelated to the pandemic. The remaining $900 billion was supposedly directed to government responses to the Chinese coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Negotiated in secret, without the opportunity for elected officials to offer amendments, this 5,593-page omnibus is the longest bill ever passed by Congress and comes just months after the passage of the CARES Act, another $2.2 trillion spending package. The bill contains carve-outs for every imaginable special interest group in the “swamp,” from tax breaks for racehorse owners to $10 million in funding for “gender programs” in Pakistan. While the bill provides $600 direct payments to children and adults earning up to $75,000 a year, the bill represents a cost of $6,925 (plus interest) per every American. ACU believes it is appalling that Congress continues to pass reckless deficit spending while providing lawmakers and the public mere hours to even read the proposals and opposed this bill.
He has voted in opposition to the America Conservative Union 29 times with the possibly most 5 egregious shown above. Go to Bill activity and use the drop down box to select Against ACU to see those 29.
His rating at America Conservative Union started off high and golden at 100 in 2008, but shows the typical "RINO curve". That is he votes for non-conservative legislation in off-election years and then becomes more conservative as it is time to re-elect. Also notice how he is becoming less and less conservative over time. A politician that votes his convictions shows an almost straight line.
Notice that Steve Scalise has been in since 2008. He has made a career out of politics. He has been in 14 years and is looking at going in for another round. He was at a baseball game in 2017 when he was shot by a 66 year old Republican hating gunman. It was 3 months before he was able to return to congress. He has never went back to being the conservative he used to be.
Steve Scalise is a top spender. He spends the most of tax-payer money of all Congress, of all Republicans, and certainly of anyone in his state.
He has spent over $3 TRILLION of U.S. tax dollars.
Please vote Howard Kearney for US Congress, Louisianna, District 1