We are a divided country.
How can we utterly believe such opposing views? Normally sane, caring, intelligent people....
Today a long time friend and I met for lunch. We are on opposite sides politically. Normally we simply skirt politics but today we spent some time trying to understand each other.
We are polar opposites. She wants to lock up Trump and throw away the key and thinks Biden is awesome and has no dementia. She is very angry about the RoeV Wade decision. The only thing we agreed on is that we don't like McConnel and don't trust Fox. She thinks NPR is unbiased because they interviewed McCain.
She never heard of Ray Epps, believes Jan 6 hearing is unbiased and true and that Trump stole top secret materials and hid them with his golf clubs. Also, no other president before did such a thing. She believes Jan 6ers are in jail justly and a cop was killed by MAGA people. She thinks this all a conspiracy to take over our country by the GOP and pastors like Jerry Falwell. She believes a fetus is not a life any more than a kidney is. She does believe that MSN is not that great for news. She never heard of Konnech or Yu.
She can't stand MTG or Boebert. While I think they are heroic.
She thinks people on welfare should get a shot so they can't have more children and I think people on welfare should have a one year limit.
She thinks everyone in America should get $1000 a month and we buy one less jet.
We finally agreed to disagree knowing that we are both trying to save America but so differently.
My idea is to look at proof of both sides
At first we tried to work together, but found we could not agree on sources. I invite the reader to decide the veracity of each link. They are not presented as undeniable proof but to give you a sense of where each side is coming from.
Most of the links for both sides come from me, as I strive to look at this from both sides.
This is not to bring compromise but understanding of each other. These links show what each side, for the most part, believe.
1. Biden is a great president.
- Biden WhiteHouse List of 2022
- News Transcript Opinion
- American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees Union
Trump is a great president.
- Accomplishments of first 3 years by Starbuck
- Trump WhiteHouse List of 2021
- Benny Johnson video on Mike Gallagher
- Historic Economy
- Video by ACLJ
- Middle East Peace
2. Biden should be in jail.
- 57-For Abuse of Power by enabling bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors, Greene, 1/2021
- 596-For Usurping Congress's legislative authority and willfully circumventing the express guidance of the United States Supreme Court by extending the COVID=19 eviction moratorium, and other high crimes and misdemeanors, Greene, 8/2021
- 597-For Endangering the security of the United States and countering the will of Congress and other high crimes and demeanors, Greene, 8/2021
- 598-For Dereliction of Duty by leaving behind thousands of American civilians and Afghan allies, along with numerous taxpayer-financed weapons and military equipment, endangering the lives of the American people and the security of the United States, 8/2021
- 635-For high crimes and misdemeanors, Weber, 9/2021
- 671-For High Crimes and misdemeanors, Gibbs, 9/2021
- 680-For High crimes and misdemeanors of Betrayal of the Public Trust, Boebert, 9/2021
- 1031-For High crimes and misdemeanors, Posey, 4/2022
- 1362-For Endangering, Compromising, and Undermining the energy security of the United States by selling oil from t United States' Strategic Petroleum Reserve to foreign nations, Greene, 9/2022
- 664 pages of emails, photos from Hunter Biden's laptop
- Connection to Plandemic
- Biden is destroying our food, water, and energy
- Infringement of 2A
- Not protecting the Republic
- Endangering the energy security of the US by selling strategic oil reserve to foreign nations
- Selling strategic oil reserve to CCP
- Afghanistan withdrawal
- Influence Peddling with China and Russia
- Press Conference on Biden Family Business Dealings
Trump should be in jail.
- 438-For high crimes and misdemeanors, Sherman, 7/2017
- 621-For high crimes and misdemeanors, Cohen, 11/2017
- 646-For high misdemeanors, Green, 12/2017
- 705-For high misdemeanors, Green, 1/2018
- 13-For high crimes and misdemeanors, Sherman, 1/2019
- 498- For high crimes misdemeanors, Cohen, 7/2019
- 755-For high crimes and misdemeanors, Nadler, 12/2019
- 24-For high crimes and misdemeanors, Cicilline, 1/2021
- 26-For high crimes and misdemeanors, Jackson Lee, 1/2021
- 32-For high crimes and misdemeanors, Omar, 1/2021
- 34-For high crimes and misdemeanors, Waters, 1/2021
- 37-For high crimes and misdemeanors, Green, 1/2021
- Legal issues listed on Wikipedia
3. Biden does not have dementia.
Biden does have dementia.
4. Roe vs Wade decsion was horrible
Roe vs Wade decision was awesome
5. McConnell is bad from Democrat view
McConnell is bad from Republican view
- McConnell pulled $8 million from Blake Masters campaign
- Does Not Deserve Leadership
- Would not bring up border vote
- Protecting RINO Murkowski in Alaska to maintain his "leadership". Also pulled 5.6 million from Don Bolduc in New Hampshire AKGOP Censured
- McConnell connections with China
- Had trial to expell Cruz and Hawley from Senate for withholding electoral count as requested by their own states
- Why Hawley will not vote for McConnell as leader
- Kentucky country censures over 2A Infringement
- Works with Biden in Secret
- Case Against Mitch
6. Fox is bad from Democrat view
- Would not show Jan 6 hearing except on Fox business and digitally
- Fox is pushing pro-Russia, Jan 6 conspiracies, election lies
Fox is bad from Republican view
- Controlled opposition
- Viewers leave because of biased election coverage toward Biden
- Require vaccine, Paint America Firsters as "white nationalists" even though made of all races, Bend knee to globalist, big tech, big pharma donors, Paul Ryan RINO is on Fox board
- Try to cancel Trump, Going hard after America First candidates, Used to be Trustworthy and Betrayed the Conservative Viewer, 41 minutes in
- Fox reporter and Kari Lake
- Took Biden money to only publish positive Vaccine stories and cover up adverse effects
7. NPR is unbiased
NPR is biased
8. Why Jan 6 was so awful
Why Jan 6 was a setup.
- Trump's 12 Page Rebuttal
- Wray refuses to answer question as to whether FBI people were dressed as Trump supporters
- Federal Infiltration
- Whistleblower Documents
- Liz Harrington Explains
- Wray knew 8 FBI were with Proud Boys
9. Ray Epps from Democrat standpoint
Ray Epps from Republican standpoint
10. Trump stole top secret materials and this is bad because...
Trump had top secret materials but this was not a problem because...
- Prob into NARA/Democrat collaboration Letter to NARA
- NARA releases some and hides some
- FBI found no evidence of nefarious motives
11. No other president ever had top secret materials..
Other presidents had top secret materials..
- Bush made special deal with National Archives
- Obama Kept 30 million documents, some Classified
- Rebuttal to Trump Lied
12. Jan 6ers should be in jail because..
Jan 6ers should not be in jail because...
13. A cop was killed because of Jan 6...
- Would not have died if not injured in Attack:
- A stroke victim: A Capitol Police release the day after the riots said that USCP Officer Brian Sicknick “passed away due to injuries sustained while on-duty.” The report stated that Sicknick “was injured while physically engaging with protesters. He returned to his division office and collapsed.”
A cop died but it was not anything to do with Jan 6..
- Confusion around Sicknick
- Sicknick died after sustaining injuries while physically engaging with protesters, per the Capitol police.They’ve silently removed the “by,” and added a “while” and a “with.” Then reframed the entire clause in the passive tense so 90% of readers conflate what happened and move on. But “Injured while physically engaging” is like “dying with Covid.”
14. 4 cops committed suicide shortly after Jan 6 because of Trump?
4 cops committed suicide shortly after Jan 6 because of what they knew??? suicided?
15. There is a conspiracy to take over our country by GOP and pastors like Jerry Falwell
There is a conspiracy to take over our country by China
16. A fetus is not a life
A fetus is a life
17. MSM is not great for news from Democrat standpoint
MSM is not great for news from Republican standpoint
18. Konnech and Yu from Democrat side
Konnech and Yu from Republican side
19. Universal Income is good because...
Universal Income is bad because...
So over time I will research these. I will ask her for her proof and I will look up my proof.
Hopefully we can find a way to understanding if never agreement.
Time to make dinner and go to the fair...10/20/2022
Have some links! 10/21
Sick for awhile but searching...
VERY difficult to be unbiased. 11/3/22
Some links are not factual but place holders to look up more information as time permits. 11/19/22